The 2022 Hymn Society Annual Conference will be an international event that will celebrate the centennial of The Hymn Society in the United States and Canada. The conference will be held in Washington, D.C. from July 17-21, 2022, and the theme will be “Sing the World God Imagines.”
At each conference we hold between 30 and 40 breakout sessions which are chosen from submissions we receive from members and friends. The 2022 conference will be a hybrid event, so we are seeking proposals for both in-person and pre-recorded workshops.
- Submission deadline: October 15, 2021 (Results will be emailed by mid- November)
- Sectionals (breakout sessions) are 75 minutes in length
- Proposals connecting well to the conference theme “Sing the World God Imagines” will be given priority consideration.
- Proposals presented by current Hymn Society members will also be given priority consideration; however, you do not have to be a member to be a presenter.
- The selection committee is made up of the conference director, program committee chair, and other members of The Hymn Society’s Executive Committee as designated by the president. All sectional choices recommended by the selection committee are approved by the full Executive Committee and staff.
- When submitting a proposal, please indicate whether you can present a session that is in-person, pre-recorded, or either.
- For questions about the conference or about a sectional proposal, please email Executive Director J. Michael McMahon.