The 2023 Hymn Society Annual Conference will be the first conference in The Hymn Society’s 2nd century! After a wonderful centennial event in 2022, we turn our attention to the theme of “Land, Language, and Liberation” as we gather in Montréal, Québec, from July 16-19.
At each conference we hold between 30 and 40 breakout sessions which are chosen from submissions we receive from members and friends. The 2023 conference will be a hybrid event, so we are seeking proposals for both in-person and pre-recorded workshops.
- Submission deadline: October 19, 2022 (Results will be emailed no later than December 1st, 2022)
- In-Person Sectionals (breakout sessions) are 75 minutes in length. Digital sectionals may be of any length.
- Proposals connecting well to the conference theme “Land, Language, and Liberation” will be given priority consideration.
- Proposals presented by current Hymn Society members will also be given priority consideration; however, you do not have to be a member to be a presenter.
- The selection committee is made up of the conference director, program committee chair(s), and other members of The Hymn Society’s Executive Committee as designated by the president. All sectional choices recommended by the selection committee are approved by the full Executive Committee and staff.
- When submitting a proposal, please indicate whether you can present a session that is in-person, pre-recorded, or either.
- For questions about the conference or about a sectional proposal, please email our staff: Hymn Society Staff.